Last night, minding my own business, I went to the bathroom. (for those of you who are familiar with the layout of my home, the 1/2 bath) Just as I was starting to pull down my pants.....a mouse runs under the door into my laundry room! As he raced from the room, all the oxygen went with him. I couldn't breathe. I stood frozen in place. The only exit to the room was cut off by the renegade mouse. What should I do? How could I escape? Fear such as I have rarely known, took over and I made a mad dash through the bathroom, through the laundry, out of the kitchen and to the hopeful safety of my bedroom. I shared the terrifying tale with Stephen. Although he gave me the appropriate amount of attention and focus, I felt he just couldn't quite empathize with my state of mind. I knew I was trapped in my bed for the rest of the night, and so I was.
Today, armed with the light of day, I went bravely to Wal-Mart and K-Mart to purchase all they had of the new D-CON mouse traps. Shawna and I baited and set these traps all over the house.
It's been about 3 hours and still no capture, but I believe by dawns early light we will be victorious! I will, of course, be trapped in my bed all night, once again. But when the day dawns.....I return to combat mode and watch the hell out!!!
3 years ago
8 comments:
These rat bastards! (well, in this case they are mouse bastards)
They have infiltrated our home and taken away all feelings of safety. My personal belief is that the mouse came here on a mission from his friends, the spiders. The spiders have sent their larger friend, the mouse, to try to do me in.
In happier news, I've read a lot on the interweb about how to get rid of mice and I have found the perfect solution! Owls hunt mice. Perfect! The owl will get rid of the mice...then we just have to figure out what gets rid of the owl once the mouse problem is under control.
I too saw the mouse!!! She isn't making it up!!! I went to get my laundry out of the dryer and I saw it!!! How dare that stupid mouse!! He comes into my crib and takes over???!?!?!? I don't think so. We've currently got it trapped in the laundry room with about 6 traps in there. I'm confident that he is already caught in a trap but we can't open the door yet, we have to be sure.
Dear Scary Human Lady,
I was on my way home from a hot toddy with the Ratleys when you inadvertently exposed yourself in my direction. If that wasn't shocking enough, it has become apparent that you are hellbent on my brutal demise. I ask you, can't we live in peace? Do I try to break your neck? Do I try to poison you? No.
I realize that you must feel that I have done something horrible to make you hate me so, but let's be civil. Shouldn't we try to work this out before resorting to violence? Perhaps we could meet for tea and crackers and discuss our differences. I'm certain we'll be best of friends.
With love,
Squeaky the Mouse
P.S. Could you leave some Cheetos under your bed? They're my favorite.
Why did we have to get the super mouse with magic powers?? How did he search the world wide interweb and find this blog?? It's creepy..........
It really is creepy. But I think our mouse is a genius. Either that or an experimental robotic mouse. And we should search and DESTROY!!!
By the Way, Squeaky Mouse still owes me $13.60!!! I think he knows why.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Squeaky knows why....
Post a Comment