Thursday, August 14, 2008

My little Shawna


August 14th is Shawna's 21st birthday! I am shocked at how quickly the time has gone. It really does seem like yesterday that she was a baby.
Shawna was 7 lbs 13 1/2 ozs. 20 inches long. By her 6 week appointment she has grown 5 1/2 inches longer and gained 2.5 lbs! The doctor said she was growing so fast that I wasn't feeding her enough.
She was a sweet baby and such a fun little girl. Her big brothers and sisters (especially sisters) took such good care of her. Lisa would carry her every where and thought that Shawna didn't need to learn to talk because Lisa always knew what she wanted anyway! They just adored her.
For Shawna's birthday, she and I are on our way to California to Disneyland. The happiest place on earth. We have a 3 day pass and are just having a great time together. A road trip with Shawna is always fun.
Shawna has been a delight from the moment we met her. I can't imagine life without her. She brings so much laughter and happiness to our whole family. She is a wonderful Aunt, a sweet Sister and a kind and considerate Daughter.
We love you SO much Shawna!!!

11 comments:

Bryan said...

Ditto! We love you Shawna!

Kimber said...

I can't believe she is 21. I still remember you in the hospital getting your epidural waiting to deliver her.

She is such a sweet woman.

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday, Shawna!!! We love you!! 21 is such a fun age. In fact I am only 4 years older than you know. WOW, time does fly!!

Natalie said...

now!!! Again, the no edit gets me!!

the Cheerful Optimist said...

May all your days at Disney be filled with fun and lots of rides. Happy 21st Birthday Shawna. We love ya.

Rae said...

Happy Birthday Shawna!! I guess you know that you are making me older, don't you? I hope you both have a lot of fun at Disneyland and that neither one of you get sick from the rides the way I do. I still can't believe you are 21. How did that happen???

Princess Lisa said...

It's true. I never thought she needed to talk. It was over rated!
I've always adored her and she can still guilt me into pretty much anything. Happy Birthday Chachee!!!

P.S. Note to my mother: yeah, sweet post. Can't help but notice that although you were blogging in February...there was no happy birthday post to me. I guess that's what happens when you were a "blessing"! Also, my half birthday? I didn't even get a verbal happy half birthday! It's clear who the favorite is.

Elise said...

How sweet! This is Elise..Shirley... formerly Shaw...Do I need to remind you? Yes, I suppose I do. The beloved niece you Breast-fed as a baby! LOL, LOL

Harbison Family said...

Wow congratulations on turning 21. Have fun in cali and disney, I will be jealously dreaming I was there too. I remember my 21st, in Germany with Natalie and my Dad, what fun memories.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Thank you everybody. Yes, it is true. I am quite wonderful!! Thank you mom!!!

The Morris's said...

Happy Birthday Shawna. We love you and we glad you guys had a blast at Disney..