Friday, October 10, 2008

Roxstar


So today is Roxy's birthday. I think she is 32 now. (Your welcome Rox) She and I met 26 years ago. She and Bobby had just moved to Holbrook and we were assigned to be visiting teaching companions. We just clicked right off. Roxy has been by my side for so many of life's challenges and so many good things. She has enhanced my life for good, beyond measure. I have been in the delivery room with her and we have loved each others children for as long as we can remember. She was my escort in the Temple and it is a cherished memory. We love and respect each others husbands. Words fail me when trying to describe my love and admiration for her. She is a great Wife & Mother. I was with her when she conquered cancer. She did it with such great faith and courage. I watched as the love and gratitude grew in her marriage with her sweetheart. I see her today as a grandma who is devoted and loving. Roxy is a friend to all. I wish I could more eloquently describe how much I love and adore her. My life is so much richer for having Roxy in it. Thanks Roxanne for all that you are and for the love and friendship that we share. I love and miss you Rox!

3 comments:

Princess Lisa said...

I don't know. I think she's just a'ight.
She never blogs. She rarely visits. She doesn't do much for me.

But I guess she's okay.

Rae said...

Strange, I didn't know that the church sent out visiting teachers who were only 6 years old! Learn something new everyday. I'm grateful you've had Roxy in your life too, as I know how much she means to you. Great tribute to a great gal.

the Cheerful Optimist said...

There is not enough gold in this world to replace the value of a great friend. You are a blessed person to have such a precious friend. Thanks for the tribute.