Well, I see I have been tagged a couple of times now. I thought it was like 'freeze tag' where you can just sit still and watch everyone else! Oh well, 7 random things about me that you might not know. Let's see....
1. I love butter. I think it should be it's own food group. Butter makes everything taste better. The world would be such a great place if butter had no calories. My Grandma Shaw use to put butter in the freezer and then grate it into food. She would grate an entire stick of butter into a pot of pinto beans. No wonder her beans were the best on the planet.
2. I really don't like to be out in the Sun. Makes me miserable. My husband does not understand this at all. He loves the heat and feels good when he's out in it. I swell up like a 'hoppy toad' and hurt all over. I feel like the energy just drained out of me. I just don't like to be hot. When it is cold you can put on a coat, but some might be offended if I take off my clothes to cool down.
3. Give me a cloudy day!!! I love the rain. Love the feel of it, love the sound of it. I like the smell and love the green it brings with it. It makes me feel safe and surrounded. Also, I don't like the way my clothes fit when I reach 'hoppy toad' status.
4. I love to sing. I know I don't have a great voice, but it soothes my soul to sing at the top of my lungs. Music can control my mood faster than most anything. I don't sing around others very often but when I am alone in my car.....
5. I cry at the first sign of emotion from someone else. Sometimes I well up at the sight of a baby, music, commercials, movies, talks at Church or Conference, the Temple. Heaven forbid if someone is angry with me, or if one of my kids or grand kids cry...forget it! I wish I had better control over the crying gene but, alas I do not. I don't know which relatives is to blame, but someday I'll find out. They can run but they can't hide forever!
6. I think I invented guilt. I feel guilty for every little thing that happens in or around me. Don't know why exactly, but I do. I have a bad habit of saying "I'm sorry" for everything that happens. Even when I know I didn't have anything to do with it. Ugh. It's pretty much a worthless emotion, but I can't seem to shake it.
7. I wish I had a college education. I have never liked the process of school learning but I greatly regret not making something of myself. It's not so much that I think a degree is a sign of success, but I wish I had that accomplishment that I could fall back on. Perhaps if I had gone to college I would not have to write this retarded 'tag' because I'd be a distributor for the 'Magical Wonder Where she got those boobs?' bras. Oh the success I could have had....boo. :(
3 years ago
7 comments:
I think this Tagged idea is good. It helps us to appreciate and love each other better.
Your are absolutely right, butter should be its own food group. A college education does not make the person it sometimes helps in making a living. You are somebody. You are intelligent, smart, funny and most of you are a A+++ parent. The only thing that matters is how well the next generation is nourish by the present generation. "You've done good, Babsy!" Note: if this is important you can still get an education, at home classes on the internet, night school at the university, or correspondence courses.
It's funny how I could have said everything you did!!! You must be really awesome.
Thanks Kenny! I know that I could still go to school but I would be 80 when I graduate and I'm not sure how marketable I would be by then.
My kids have no chance at hating butter like I do with butter loving parents on both sides of the family!! I just don't get it!!
Are you suppose to tag someone?
You are welcome.
Lonna, love your answers! #4- you and I boht know you can sing and have a wonderful voice!! #5- You didn't get it from me, I've never been a crier, that is until the last 2 1/2 years. Great blog!
Post a Comment