Saturday, December 6, 2008

Tribute

Today Tara called me and told me of a sad situation. When Tara and I were building her house there were 8 other families building along with us. One of our favorites was a couple named Curtis and Tami Anderson. They were killed last night in a car accident along with a 9 year old girl who was with them. They also had their two children with them, a 5 year old daughter and 18 month son. Both of them survived. I am just sad and shocked. They were only 28 and such fun people. I really enjoyed them and I am so sad for their families. Tami's Mom and her were very close. My heart aches for her. I just know it is breaking her heart to lose Tami.
Tami and Curtis were so dang cute together. They had a fun spirit to them both and I loved both of their senses of humor! Tami wanted to be a Mommy so bad and it was so sweet to watch her become that! She really loved her kids and I am sure she is happy that they will get the chance to live and grow. In a way, I am glad they could go together, I can't imagine one without the other.
I googled there names to get more info on the accident (turns out all I needed to do was ask Nolan) and I came upon a blog for another couple who built a home in our group. Melanie and Jordan Finley. It was great to find her blog and read up on her beautiful family. I read as Melanie said in her blog much of what I felt, such sadness. We'll miss 'Curtee' and Tami!

2 comments:

Rae said...

I was so sadened to read Tara's blog about her friends. But that is one of the things that make me so very grateful for the Gospel and the promise of life eternal. It was really a joy to watch Bro. Writhlins funeral and hear the Prophet talk about these blessings. I just hurt so much for the famalies of these 3 people and know what a hard time it will be for them especially at this time of year. I pray that they will have comfort and peace.

Lonna said...

Thanks Mom. It is hard to see this tragedy and know how much these families are hurting. For the young man who hit them, his life will never be the same, for the parents of the little girl, Hannah, their only child. For all the families of Curtis and Tami. It is just so very sad. I am so grateful for the knowledge of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.