On June 25,26 & 27 we had a Harper reunion in Eastland, Texas. This year it was sponsered by Steve's Dad and Mom. We met in a very nice hotel that had a meeting room, where Bill had set up a huge geneology chart that included everyone and their pictures. It was really great because if you didn't know someone you could just go look them up and see who they were married to and how they fit into the family. Some of Pearls family came and met with us on Friday and that was really great because I had never met them. It was so nice to finally meet and talk with people that I had sent Christmas cards to every year but did not know! We had an auction that was everyone had the same amount of play money and we all bid on stuff that some was great and some of it was just funny. We laughed and laughed through it as people tried so hard to out do each other.
We just had such a nice time and got to spend time together with family that was really special. Thanks to Bill and Pearl for putting on a great reunion!!!
This is one of Kevin, Steve, Pearl, Karen & Bill
This is a photo taken with Mema who is now 100 years old and all of us except Bill.
All of the Bill and Pearl Harper family, minus any of our kids.
Steve just couldn't wait to find a bathroom! He had to make due.
I had never met my niece Kimberly and only spent a short amount of time with Joyce. It was great to bond with both of them. I just fell in love with them. Can't wait to spend more time with them.
It's been quite a while since we have seen John, Karen, Logan and he brought his girlfriend-Erin. I gave Logan a tough time and he gave it back just as good.
3 years ago
3 comments:
Looks like fun. I'm sad we couldn't be there. Thanks for posting some pics.
Bryan is right, that does look like you had fun and I'm sad we couldn't be there. Everyone looks like they had fun. The kids liked seeing the pictures. Sydney recognized Nanny and Poppie (she was excited about that) but she was concerned that she didn't recognize the rest. She said "I've never met those people." (imagine it with a very concerned look on her face. It was so funny!)
Great pictures and it looks like you had such fun. Glad you got to go and especially glad you got the picture with Mema, you may never get another chance to do so. I can;t believe how Kevin and Karen have changed, it's been years and years since I last saw either one of them. Fun! Just too bad your kids couldn't be there.
Post a Comment