Monday, August 3, 2009

The Question


All of you who follow my blog are well aware that I have long professed a great loathing for the summertime heat. Now, not to pound the same old drum....but I stand at a great crossroad. I miss my husband more than I can say, but he is where the HEAT is. I'm more than willing to drive to where he is to spend any time I can with him but here is the question. Everyone knows that I lose all sense of kindness when I am HOT. Add to that tired, or hungry or both! Ew-ee! Would it be worth it for Steve to spend that "quality" time with me or not? He of course, would say 'oh sure it is pumpkin', but is that code for 'are you kidding me?!! See you in the Fall baby!'
Seriously, I don't think there is another man on earth who could be so considerate and kind to me when I am HOT, tired & hungry. God really knew what he was doing when he gave me Stephen. So sorry honey, but I miss you and I am going to have to make your life a little bit of hell on earth as I will feel like I am in hell in Arizona in the summertime. I'll see you pretty soon! You'll recognize me, I'll be the one with the devil horns on!

4 comments:

Bryan said...

Go devil woman....go....be with the one you love.

the Cheerful Optimist said...

You should go. Get your self a spray bottle and mist yourself often! Also, buy lots of snacks even healthy snacks, to curb your hunger pangs.

Princess Lisa said...

Mom, nobody likes a whiner!

Rae said...

Gee whiz, Lonna, it's not that HOT, well maybe it is!!! I really don't know because I rarely go out in the mid-day sun!