What a great chance to pay tribute to the Moms of my life.
First, of course is my Mom. The one who carried me, gave life to me. The one who got up with me in the night, listened to my endless prattle and didn't fuss when I wanted to shave my legs.
One of my favorite memories of my Mom is from 1966. I was 8 years old and we went to a meadow somewhere between Pinetop and Whiteriver. Mom enjoyed oil painting and had wanted to paint a picture of an old abandoned ranch house there called 'Old Cooley Ranch.' As she painted I ran through the meadow and all over the old ranch house, imagining all kinds of wonderful stories about the people who had lived there. It was a wonderful day filled with adventure for me. The really great thing about that day is that I still have the picture she painted that day! One of the few things to survive the fire.
Mom made Christmas magical and she loved to keep us guessing the whole season long about what would happen and what we get. Each of got to make our favorite candy that we shared with neighbors in an all day bake-a-thon. Those are great memories. When I was about 11, I had a situation with an adult and I told my Mom about it and she didn't even hesitate, she believed me instantly! She knew I was telling the truth about them, even when everyone else did not believe it. Mom, you were right and I did tell the truth. Thanks for believing me and believing in me!
I hope you have a great day Mom and I love you!
Second, I am grateful for Joyce Ann, my step-mom. I met her 6 days after I had given birth to Tara. I had lost a lot of blood, was quite weak and still in bed.
Dad called me to say he was coming by to see his 3rd grandchild. We had a great visit and when Dad and Joyce left I remember Steve and I looked at each other and I asked Steve if I had just heard wedding bells? He responded with "I think so!"
They were married 5 weeks later! Joyce has been such a great example to me. She taught me how to arrange flowers and how to run a business. She taught me to never give up. She is cheerful and secure in herself and her ideas. She makes me laugh and I always feel better about myself after being with her. What a blessing she has been in my life. I'm glad my Dad had the good sense to marry her. I love you Joyce Ann!
Third, is my Mother in Law, Pearl. She is a wonderful Mother! She is so devoted to her children. She provided her kids with a safe haven that she filled with the knowledge that they could do anything. She taught them to be leaders and to trust themselves. Over the years, Pearl and I have shared many things. She has always shared anything that might make life better. She is trustworthy. She is never afraid to try new things. She has set an example of health and vitality for the 33 years I've known her. Pearl, thanks for setting a wonderful example and for raising such a good man. I love you and I'm grateful for your influence in my life!
Forth, are the Mothers of my Grandchildren. To Natalie and Tara, I say thank you! I'm proud of the job you do raising my beautiful and precious grandkids. I'm grateful for your sacrifices to bring them into the world and to share them with me so willingly. They are the precious faces that make me smile the instant I think of them. I love you both so very much and am so happy to be your Mom, Tara and your Mom-in-law, Natalie!
3 years ago
4 comments:
What sweet tributes you have paid to all the Mother's in your life. Thank you! I am proud to be your mother and I love you more than words can say. I'm proud of the woman you have become and what a great Mom you are, you've always been a special person with many wonderful talents and you have a swett and loveing spirit. May God always bless and watch over you.
That was beautiful and of course made me cry!! Thanks for that gift on Mother's Day! You are a great Mother and I am so grateful to have you as a Mother-in-law. I have learned so much from you about being a wife and a mother. Thank you for all you do!! I love you, too!!!
Mom, thanks for pointing out that I am a 'swett' woman. Sure I swett, but doesn't everyone!
Seriously, thanks for the 'sweet' words. I love you also.
Well Natalie, one good cry deserves another. I cried just thinking about you crying. We're a pair! I love you.
i posted
Post a Comment