Great title that explains everything about me lately and my blogging. Ugh.
I thought perhaps I should take this chance to catch up on some stuff...
I've been on the truck with Steve quite a bit lately. I seem to come and go like the snow here. 70 degrees one minute, snowing the next.
I have had the chance to see Steve's parents,
Mom several times along with my Aunt Christine, and a couple of times with my Dad and Joyce.
It has been great to spend time with all of them. I have enjoyed that so much and it's such a great experience to have time with them. I guess we never grow out of the little child who wants time with their parents all alone! Steve and I have both like that aspect of trucking that allows us the freedom to spend time with our parents.
Today is my beautiful Tara's birthday. I can't believe she is 30! Seriously, where did the time go? She was the sweetest baby and so easy. She slept like a dream, through the night at 5 weeks. She potty trained herself at 18 months! I wasn't ready for her to potty train as I was due with baby #3. But she knew what she wanted!
It has been a privilege to be her Mother. She is a loving daughter, sister, wife & mother. We have so much fun together and really enjoy each others company. I look forward to her visits and miss her when I'm away. Tara your a blessing to this family! I love you!
Our little Sydney also celebrated a birthday, #5! She's practically grown! She is such a sweet little girl and is so adorable. It's easy to give into Sydney because she so dang cute! She brightens our lives and bring so much happiness to our family!
Adam had a birthday on April 18th, which is a birth date he shares with my Mother. They are just a few years apart. Adam just turned 30, Mom just turned 73. Pretty close, right?
Adam is such a sweet daddy. He is so cute with Taylor. I think Taylor is going to figure out mighty fast that Daddy is the easy mark. She has him wrapped around her finger. Adam had a big year. He graduated from USU, while he worked a full time job. He got a wonderful job at the same University in the Registrars office. He loves it and they love him. AND he became a Father to one of the cutest babies in the world! Were so proud of you Adam! 
My Mom informed me that the US Government says that a person is "elderly" at the age of 73. So she has crossed over the threshold, never to return to youth. Now the way I see that is, if you want to do something stupid or say something rude....you can get away with it cause your elderly! If you did that at 71, people would think your all high on yourself. But now, at 73, the world is your storage shed. Put whatever you want in it and forget it. Congratulations Mom! From now on, wear plaids and polka dots in wild colors and cuss like a Sailor, drive 90 miles an hour switching lanes whenever the mood hits you. Go get your mail in your robe with out zipping it up. Hit on younger men with wild abandon. Spit out the window at a stop light. (be sure to roll down the window, otherwise you look demented) Never wear a bra again. Color your hair in some horrid shade of Burgundy. Go ahead and have the "walking farts" in a grocery store with no shame. Always fall asleep at church. Give out masking tape at Halloween. The list of activities is endless. I think that this may possibly be the best time of life....enjoy "elderly"!
April 15th, Steve's grandma, Gladys Seay turned 100!!!
We call her Mema. She still has a great mind with amazing memory. Her body has failed her a bit but she is still doing well. Can you imagine living 100 years....all the things you would have seen and all the people you would have known?
3 years ago
3 comments:
Thanks for the thoughts, Honey, I think I will have to try some of them!!! I feel bad that I missed Tara's Birthday, (I'm old what can I say) I didn't know what day it was until I looked at my cell phone and it says May 2nd, so I just plain old missed it!
I have loved spending time with you and with Steve too. Hope to do it again soon. Love you!
That doesn't sound like a Lazy women!! Wow, I knew about all those birthdays (Happy Birthday everyone again!!) but it seems exhausting just listing them like that!!
PS I am glad you are having the opportunity to make some fun memories with all your parents and in-laws!!
I'm overwhelmed. I need you to blog more frequently. And not give me so much information at once. You know my pea sized brain can only hold so much!!! Great...wonder what I had to delete so that I could keep this stuff in my head!
Post a Comment