Well, I haven't posted anything about Christmas or New Years and I have been forbidden by the girls to post the photos taken at Christmas, so......
We had a very nice Christmas. Sadly, we didn't get to spend anytime with Bryan, Natalie, Hallie, Sydney, Luke or Jake. They were all quite ill and so we couldn't be with them. We missed them so much and it seemed so strange without them. But Santa found his way to the sick house and we heard and everyone got what they wanted. I did get some great pictures of the kids and of Bryan and Natalie. It was great to have the new updated photos around. We had Nolan, Bree, Tara, Adam and Taylor over for part of the day. Taylor wasn't so interested in the presents as being able to touch the tree ornaments. We all opened gifts and had dinner. Shawna had to work on Christmas day so she left at 2:30 but it was nice to have her for Christmas morning. Lisa was sick so I know it was a rough Christmas for her, but still fun. All in all, it was just a really nice day. I got a new Microwave as you remember Natalie broke my last one. Also, Sydney broke my oven so I got a new oven.(that's my story and I'm sticking to it!) It was fun to have new equipment to cook with! Steve surprised me with those and it was a sweet gift that he worked hard to surprise me with.
Since Christmas Steve has been home and we sure enjoyed our time together at home. We didn't do anything for New Year's but left the next day to Arizona to pick up the truck. We loaded for Texas the following morning and now here I am at Steve's parents house in Abilene. It sure nice to see them again and have a chance to visit. I think we brought the cold weather with us as it is icy here.
Well, that is the update for now. Happy New Year to all and here's hoping it finds us all well and happy!
3 years ago
5 comments:
It's nice to know where you are. Hopw you have a safe trip and glad Christmas was so nice.
I got Nolan and Bre's card back, guess I have an old address.
Happy New Year!!
It was too bad we didn't get to spend anytime together. The kids don't understand it. Hopefully we will all be able to get together soon! Be safe!
Lonna you are the smartest girl ever! Love the Post!
Hi Mama!
Christmas was lovely and your new appliances are beautiful!
Honestly, most of Christmas is a blur to me. Of coughing and sneezing.
And, to be fair, the pictures should NEVER be posted. I was sick as a dog. It ain't pretty.
Aunt Lonna I think you were jipped with the Christmas gift. I mean my mom got a new stove this year too, and it wasn't a gift. You should really write to Santa and complain. Unless you were bad last year than I say he was being very kind to you.
I take it Lisa was bad last year becasue Santa got her sick for Christmas.
Post a Comment