Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

What a great day we had here. It was peaceful and pleasant and just a joy. We had Steve home and Lisa, Shawna and I. Later Tara, Adam and Taylor came over.

I thought I should post the things I am grateful for.
1. The Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for my membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I have so much peace and happiness with the knowledge it brings me.
2. Stephen. He is the love of my life. I have had him by my side since I was 17. He is my champion, my protector, my love, my soul mate. The night I met him, we both knew that we had known each other forever. We have struggled here and there along the journey but have always remembered those intense feelings of 'knowing'. That always drives us to figure out what we are doing wrong and fix it! He is a great provider and sweetheart. I love you Stephen and appreciate all you do to make my life so much nicer. My world is a better place because of you.
3.Bryan Eugene. He is my first born. My little man. My hopes and dreams. When Bryan enters a room, fun comes with him. He has a great sense of humor. He is a gentle giant. He is a good husband and a wonderful daddy. He is has the soul of a giant and the heart of lamb. He has set a great example for me. I am so proud and happy to call him my son.
4. Tara Danae. My first little girl. My proud and strong angel baby. She is a champion of right. She is dependable and honest to the top. She is a great Mommy and and loving wife. She is my friend and my daughter and I Cherish our relationship.
5. Lisa Marcell. My middle child, my middle daughter. She came into the world in trauma and having to fight. She was my miracle baby! She is so funny and so talented. She is loving and loyal. She is caring and supportive. She loves her family fiercely. She is a wonderful and doting Aunt and Sister. She is a great friend and daughter to me.
6. Nolan Stephen. My baby boy. My little guy. He is funny and crazy fun. He is clueless on what's going on in the family but always there to support any of us when he knows what going on. He will give up sleep or food or whatever he has to, just to be with one of us if we need him. He's a good husband and a great son. He's proud and loyal.
7. Shawna Rae. My sweet little baby girl. My last born. The one we waited 5 years to have. She is funny and sassy and sweet. She has the soul of an angel. She has blessed our lives with hers. She a sweet sister and a fun Aunt who loves the kids so much. She is a great daughter and a fun companion for me!
8. Grand kids! Hallie the first! We had her all to ourselves for 4 years before any other grand kids were born. She is so smart and a quick learner. She is a wonderful granddaughter and I love her so much! Sydney our little secret. She is quite and cute and cuddly. But watch out, she packs a wallop! We love to spend time with her and just adore her. Luke is our 1st grandson. He came into the world under scary conditions and fought to be a part of this world and he's still fighting! he is just adorable and we are enjoying watching him grown! Jacob is the happiest baby on earth! Lisa calls him a TV baby. That's because he is always happy and only cries on cue. He has been such a joy to have in our family. Taylor has been a bundle of everything. Joy, love, frustration, all rolled into one. She is needy and knows what she wants when she wants it. She has made us laugh and we love watching her personality grow and change.
9. Natalie, Adam & Breelyn. Without my children-in-law, I would not have these wonderful grandchildren! With out these 3, my kids wouldn't be so happy. Natalie has been the perfect wife for Bryan. She is a strong, smart and a spiritual woman. I adore her.
Adam has blessed the life of Tara so much with his sweet personality. He has brought the Priesthood to her home. He is a good provider and a loving husband and father. I love him for his tenderness.
Breelyn is a sassy, sweet and caring wife. Just perfect for my baby boy. She is smart and loyal. She has made Nolan a better person. I love her desire to make others happy.
All of my in-law-kids have support and loved my children. What more can I ever ask for?
10. And finally, I'm grateful for bug killer. What would my world be if I had to live with cockroaches or spiders? I would hate it. I would be unfit to live with. Oh, and mouse traps!
As we go into the Christmas season, I want to say Thank you to all who make my life better. Christmas time really helps me think about my many blessing. I am so lucky to live in the USA at this time and in this place. I love the life I have been blessed with and am grateful to a loving Heavenly Father who put me here.

5 comments:

Princess Lisa said...

Really, I think the most important message here is Bug Killer. Where would we be, indeed??? It would be a heinous world. Thank you for reminding us of the most important things in life.

I love you mom!!! I'm so grateful that you are my mother.

Rae said...

Lovely blog! You have such a wonderful talent for saying and writing all the things that you feel in your heart. I'm so proud to be your mother, and I love you more than I can say.

the Cheerful Optimist said...

It is obvious we all would be lost with out our families. They are a joy and brings each of us great blessings. I enjoyed your gratitude very much even bug spray! Without it we would torture beyond belief with the spiders and the bees. Thanks for your sweet spirit and your dedication to the Lord and your family.

Lonna said...

Thanks Lisa! You know how very much I love you too.
Gosh Mom, that was sweet to say. Where would I be without my Mother? I love you also!
Thanks Kenny. You know how much I love you and Cindy. Thanks for all you do.

Natalie said...

Thanks, that was so sweet. You are a great mother, mother-in-law and pooka. We are ALL so blessed to have you as the matriarch of this family. You have taught us all so much!!

By they way, I am so grateful to have a mother-in-law ( and father-in-law, but this is your post) as great as you. You have blessed my life in so many ways. Thank you! I love you!